Sometimes the worst injuries can happen hiking your home trail or fishing familiar rivers with friends. Read Part 2 of Jess McGlothlin's guide to the Ultimate First Aid Kit.
Featured Artist: Mike Savlen
"A Place I Would Rather Be"
“Fine Lines”Current and quotable.
- "The pond was perfect. Some dead trees stood ghostlike in its middle, and the pond itself inundated small bays around the water-tolerant cedars. Best of all, big, easy rises were in numerous places, slow takes that produced an actual sucking noise.” - Thomas McGuane
- "Looking good on the stream don't mean a thing to the trout.” - Jimmy D. Moore
- "There's only one thing wrong with a fishing day--its staggering brevity.” -
“Ask the Experts”
- Presenting Flies Behind a Midstream Rock
- Figuring Out the Local Hatch
- “Fish Ears”
- Flies for the Trouts
- Dealing With Wind
- How Long Do Prepackaged Leaders Last?
- What About Soft-Hackled Flies?
- Getting Them On, Then In
- How Well Do Fish Recover From Being Foul-Hooked?
- How to Land and Release Fish When Fly Fishing Alone
- Casting Unruly Rigs
- Which Fly Rod Ferrule Is Best?