"Question: How do I learn to see fish in the water or know where to look for them?"
Featured Artist: Nick Laferriere
"Laker & Grayling"
“Fine Lines”Current and quotable.
- "Perhaps it's true, as Ecclesiastes claims, that nothing is new under the sun, but as the year turns toward another century, here's hoping the pleasures and gifts that angling brings never end.” - Robert DeMott
- "Fly fishing is a healthy antisocial sport, and many of us have an emotional investment in being misunderstood because it makes us feel strange and brilliant, like Van Gogh.” - John Gierach
- "We catch five-pounders, if we are lucky--not two-point-two-seven-kilogrammers. That is the way it has always been, and I hope will always remain." - Dave Witherow
“Ask the Experts”
- Favorite Searching Streamer Patterns
- Reading Water and Finding Fish
- Should I Teach My Wife to Fly Fish?
- All About Anodized Reels
- The True History of the Switch Cast
- Are Discount Flies a Good Deal?
- Getting Them On, Then In
- Fly Fishing Jazz: Dizzy’s Cheeks
- Is There Such Thing as a “Steelhead Rod?”
- How to Sharpen Fly Tying Scissors
- Fall Trout Fishing: Experts Speak
- About Handmade Fly Rods