When choosing flies for a particular river and its trout, the characters of that particular river and of its particular trout are critical,
Featured Artist: Pavel Francev
"Match the Hatch"
“Fine Lines”Current and quotable.
- "I like a dry fly rod that can cast just the leader--but also push out fifty feet of line without having to think about it." - Chester Allen
- "The use of extremely long leaders.... offers a decisive advantage both in terms of incredible delicacy of presentation and through postponing the onset of drag." - Jonathan White
- "Anticipating drag and dealing with it before the fact is one of the factors that distinguishes those people who always seem to catch more trout than the rest of us." - Tom Rosenbauer
“Ask the Experts”
- Reel Facts
- Flies for the Trouts
- What’s So Great About Single-Hand Spey?
- Tactics for Wary Trout
- Why Do We Have to Tip Guides?
- Hooking Dry-Fly Trout
- Why Fish Double-Taper Fly Lines?
- “Can I Repair a Fly Rod in the Field?”
- Hi-Vis Coachmans For Brook Trout
- Does Bear Spray Work?
- Fly Tying: What Is “Genetic Hackle”
- Four Reasons for Tippets and Tapered Leaders