Plenty of fly fishers have ranked one of the world’s most recognizable flies—the Royal Coachman—among their top choices for catching fish.
- Innovators: Enrico Puglisi
- The Battle for Bonefish and the Future of the Bahamas, Part 1
- Michigan’s Upper Peninsula: “Forever a Wilderness”
- Interview: Annette Mclean on the R.L. Winston Boron III LS
- “The Dragon’s Tooth”
- “The Art of the Brook Trout Death March”
- “No Trespassing”
- Suggestion Box: Stickers, Grips and Fly Rod Re-Issues
“Fine Lines”Current and quotable.
- "It is perfectly true that good fishing is not all luck. But it is just as true that there is no good fishing without some luck.” - Roderick Haig Brown
- "Most fishermen use the double haul to throw their casting mistakes further.” - Lefty Kreh
- "Nothing in this world so enlivens my spirit and emotions as the rivers I know. They are necessities.” - Nick Lyons
The Battle for Bonefish and the Future of the Bahamas, Part 2
Part II of our article on proposed Bahamian flats fishing regulations looks at the parts money, conservation groups, government, professional groups, and private lodges and guides have all played bringing the Bahamas to this fulcrum point in resource management.Read more...
“Ask the Experts”
- Fly Fishing Jazz: Sight-Casting in the Argentine Style
- Getting Started in Streamer Fishing
- Tactics for Wary Trout
- Using a Sweep Set
- Imitation or Presentation?
- Summer Trout: Beating the Heat
- When You’re Not the Only One
- Fly Fishing Jazz: “Muddler” Your Way Through a Day
- Is There a Secret to Untangling Knots?
- Wading Jazz: Traverse the Current
- Keeping Your Line From Tangling
- Proper Loop-to-Loop Connections