Is the mental preparation needed to tango with a monster fish complicated? A little. But there are some fish you are only going to encounter a few times in your life.
Featured Artist: Matt Patterson
“Fine Lines”Current and quotable.
- “Early on I decided that fishing would be my way of looking at the world. First it taught me to look at rivers. Lately it has been teaching me how to look at people, myself included.'” - Thomas McGuane
- One must separate the dead knowledge from the live knowledge. - G.E.M. Skues
- “... it takes several years of serious fishing before a man learns enough to go through a whole season with an unblemished record of physical and spiritual anguish.” - Ed Zern
“Ask the Experts”
- Which Knot: Blood Knot or Surgeon’s?
- Fly Casting From a Drift Boat
- What Line Should I Buy for Fishing Streamers?
- Figuring Out the Local Hatch
- Using a Sweep Set
- Bass On Top
- Does Bear Spray Work?
- Fishing High Water for Trout
- A Dropper Fly Mystery
- Sharpening Hooks: Get the Point?
- Using Indicator Flies
- What’s So Great About Single-Hand Spey?