Question: "When fishing rivers, under what conditions do I use a soft-hackle fly? And can you recommend a pattern for an intermediate level tier?"
Featured Artist: Bonnie McGee
"The Corral Hole"
“Fine Lines”Current and quotable.
- "If, as I suspect, trout fishing is something of a disease, then it is also something of a therapy in itself.” - Tom Sutcliffe
- "...[I]n terms of desired outcomes, a sporting activity is not highly rational, because we do not seek the most efficient means to accomplish the goal.” - Nick Curcione
- "To say that it was all just a matter of catching fish would be like saying that astronomy is nothing more than noticing the stars.” - Harry Middleton
“Ask the Experts”
- Dealing With Wind
- How Long Do Prepackaged Leaders Last?
- What About Soft-Hackled Flies?
- Getting Them On, Then In
- How Well Do Fish Recover From Being Foul-Hooked?
- How to Land and Release Fish When Fly Fishing Alone
- Casting Unruly Rigs
- Which Fly Rod Ferrule Is Best?
- Windows of Opportunity
- Picking the Top Five Dry Flies
- Do’s & Don’ts of Guided Fishing Trips
- Fly Casting From a Drift Boat