MidCurrent's new columnist writes about fly fishing, ethics, and a father's legacy as seen through the eyes of a teenager.
Featured Artist: Diane Michelin
“Fine Lines”Current and quotable.
- The first principle in all fishing is simple: never let the fish know he's being fished for. - Havilah Babcock
- Often, I have been exhausted on trout streams, uncomfortable, wet, cold, briar-scarred, sunburned, mosquito-bitten, but never, with a fly rod in my hand, have I been in a place that was less than beautiful. - Charles Kuralt
- Fishing washes the slate clean, puts the other part of my life in perspective. - Robert DeMott
It’s Not Just About What the Fish See: Natural Light Conditions and the Fly fisher
When it comes to fly pattern and color choice, it's not just about what the fish can see.Read more...
“Ask the Experts”
- Tactics for Wary Trout
- Windows of Opportunity
- Which Knot: Blood Knot or Surgeon’s?
- Does Bear Spray Work?
- Casting: Controlling the Line Hand
- Repairing Fly Line Coatings
- Using Indicator Flies
- Do’s & Don’ts of Guided Fishing Trips
- Fishing High Water for Trout
- How To Prepare for a Guided Fly Fishing Trip
- Fly Tying: What Is “Genetic Hackle”
- What’s The Best Tippet-to-Fly Knot?