"Even though there is a golden hour every night, they seem like a rare treat, precious, not for wasting. Especially in the summertime I’m prone to feeling an unsettling urgency in the warming light and cooling air. "
Featured Artist: Vaughn Cochran
- Book Review: “25 Best National Parks to Fly Fish”
- How To: Fly Fishing for Keys Barracuda
- El Pescador: Traveling Into A Fishing Dream
- The Ones That Got Away: Good Books
- Inside the Box: Great Lakes Carp
- Closer Look: Simms G4 Pro and Patagonia Rio Gallegos II Waders
- “In the Land of Fishing Legends”
“Fine Lines”Current and quotable.
- "Standing on the shore, I once more cast my line into the stream, and I found the dream to be real, and the fable true." - Henry David Thoreau
- "We catch five-pounders, if we are lucky--not two-point-two-seven-kilogrammers. That is the way it always has been, and I hope will always remain." - Dave Witherow
- Zen and the art of fly fishing: what happens will happen, in a sort of unconscious, nonprogrammable, random, quantum way. - Robert DeMott
“Ask the Experts”
- Fly Fishing Jazz: The Feeding Rhythm
- Which Fly Rod Ferrule Is Best?
- Where To Take a First Saltwater Trip
- How Close Should You Try to Get to a Rising Trout?
- Washing Breathable Waders
- Tactics for Wary Trout
- Windows of Opportunity
- Which Knot: Blood Knot or Surgeon’s?
- Does Bear Spray Work?
- Casting: Controlling the Line Hand
- Repairing Fly Line Coatings
- Using Indicator Flies