"Today I offer a new rubric for temperament and personality: your true self faces either north, south, east or west."
Featured Artist: Jorge Martinez
“Fine Lines”Current and quotable.
- “We had been fishing for fifty-five days in a row and the skiff felt tight as a glove. The daily repetitions of launching and running, of poling and looking, had elevated the smallest, most idiotic hint of humor to the level of high comedy.” - Guy de la Valdene
- "The sheer audacity of a laid-up tarpon rolling over backwards to hoover a fly on top has to rank among the best visuals in all of fly fishing!" - Robert Tomes
- “There’s just something about watching fish take a surface fly that I can’t get out of my head.” - Craig Mathews
“Ask the Experts”
- How to Weight Nymph Rigs
- Is There a “Correct” Casting Style?
- Which Strike Indicator Should I Use?
- Using the Snap-T Cast to Reposition Line
- How To Hook Fish On Tiny Flies
- How to Set Fly Reel Drags
- Casting: Controlling the Line Hand
- Winter Gear Storage Tips
- Experts’ Top Ten Dry and Wet Flies
- How Long Should a Prepackaged Leader Last?
- What’s The Best Tippet-to-Fly Knot?
- Fly Lines: Spooling, Leader Connections, and Fused Loops