Great Lakes carp guides Kevin Morlock, Steve Martinez and Austin Adduci share their favorite carp flies.
Featured Artist: Jon Howlett
- Closer Look: Simms G4 Pro and Patagonia Rio Gallegos II Waders
- “In the Land of Fishing Legends”
- “Slow Indeed”
- It’s Not Just About What the Fish See: Natural Light Conditions and the Fly fisher
- “My Father’s Son”
- Small Ball: Tactics for Tricos
- New Tech: “Deep in Country”
- Photo Essay: Blue Lake Country
“Fine Lines”Current and quotable.
- "Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary." - Patrick McManus
- "My bond to the land and water was built on a progression of days, seasons, and years--nothing less could foster the sort of intimacy that makes me so protective of it." - Greg French
- "There is no more delicious expectation than working a hair bug on the surface of a calm lake at dusk." - Nick Lyons
“Ask the Experts”
- How Close Should You Try to Get to a Rising Trout?
- Washing Breathable Waders
- Tactics for Wary Trout
- Windows of Opportunity
- Which Knot: Blood Knot or Surgeon’s?
- Does Bear Spray Work?
- Casting: Controlling the Line Hand
- Repairing Fly Line Coatings
- Using Indicator Flies
- Do’s & Don’ts of Guided Fishing Trips
- Fishing High Water for Trout
- How To Prepare for a Guided Fly Fishing Trip