An encounter with an older angler turns into something unexpected for two young fly fishers.
Featured Artist: Shirley Cleary
"Fishing Below the Dam"
“Fine Lines”Current and quotable.
- "There is a cost to a fish being caught, even if it is promptly released.” - Paul Guernsey
- "Fishing does what poet Tom Crawford said about bird watching: It removes the weight of what we’re not.” - Jim Harrison
- “Early on I decided that fishing would be my way of looking at the world. First it taught me to look at rivers. Lately it has been teaching me how to look at people, myself included.'” - Thomas McGuane
“Ask the Experts”
- Right- vs. Left-Hand-Retrieve Reels
- Winter Trout Fishing Tips
- Common Sense Fly Fishing: Line Control
- How to Sharpen Fly Tying Scissors
- Books and DVDs for First-Time Tiers
- How Much Backing Should Go on a Trout Reel?
- Winter Gear Storage Tips
- How To Prepare for a Guided Fly Fishing Trip
- Good Trout Release Practices
- Quick and Easy Ways to Measure Trout
- Presenting Flies Behind a Midstream Rock
- Which Strike Indicator Should I Use?