"Dad was one of those rare people we meet now and then in our lives who made you seem better than you were. With people like that, whose efforts all tend toward acceptance, the trick is to be honored by their largess, but not take advantage of it."
Featured : Martin Simpson
“Fine Lines”Current and quotable.
- "It is perfectly true that good fishing is not all luck. But it is just as true that there is no good fishing without some luck.” - Roderick Haig Brown
- "Most fishermen use the double haul to throw their casting mistakes further.” - Lefty Kreh
- "Nothing in this world so enlivens my spirit and emotions as the rivers I know. They are necessities.” - Nick Lyons
“Ask the Experts”
- Fly Fishing Jazz: “Muddler” Your Way Through a Day
- Is There a Secret to Untangling Knots?
- Wading Jazz: Traverse the Current
- Keeping Your Line From Tangling
- Proper Loop-to-Loop Connections
- How To Hook Fish On Tiny Flies
- Does Bear Spray Work?
- So You Want to Be a Fishing Guide?
- Why Fish Double-Taper Fly Lines?
- Reel Facts
- Getting Started in Streamer Fishing
- “Can I Find Solitude in Yellowstone?”