Nautilus‘s 2011 FWX Series reels incorporate their new “Giga Spool” design. The reels come with a large-arbor, pop-on/click-off spool, which is ported for light weight and to allow backing to dry faster. The spools are also interchangeable with the discontinued FW series. Each FWX Series spool features Nautilus’s LaserID line-labeling system, a laser-etched white spot on the back of the spool where you can write the line type and weight that you are using on that spool. Simply write it on with a permanent marker and wipe it off with alcohol when you change lines. Or, you can put your name or phone number there for contact info in case of loss. Comes in three sizes:
- The 3/4 weight FWX Series reel weighs 3.6 ounces, and will hold a WF3 line and 110 yards of 20 lb backing. Reel price is $240; spare spools run $110.
- The 5/6 weight FWX Series reel weighs 3.8 ounces, and will hold a WF5 line plus 150 yards of 20 lb backing. Reel price is $250; spare spools run $120.
- The 7/8 weight FWX Series reel weighs 4.1 ounces, and will hold a WF7 line plus 175 yards of 20 lb backing. The reel sells for $280, and spare spools cost $150.
The NV G-5 and NV G-6 are new additions to the NV series. They are 0.3 ounces lighter than the earlier NV 5/6 and NV 6/7 reels. Each model has the NV CCF drag system and also features the LaserID line-labeling system.
- The G-5 weighs in at 5.1 ounces, and will hold a WF5 line plus 125 yards of 20 lb backing. The reel sells for $560, and spare spools will cost $245.
- The G-6 weighs in at 5.7 ounces, and will hold a WF6 line plus 150 yards of 20 lb backing. The reel retails for $590, while the spare spool has an MSRP of $255.
Click here to find a Nautilus dealer near you.