The American Museum of Fly Fishing has announced it is seeking applications for the newly created job of Communications Manager. The position will be “the marketing voice of AMFF in person, online, and in print.”
Read more in the press release below.
AMFF Announces Communications Manager Position Opening
Job Title: Communications Manager
Category: Full Time Position
Status: Immediate Opening
Basic Function: Under the direction of and in consultation with the Executive Director, the Communications Manager (CM) will be the marketing voice of AMFF in person, online, and in print. The CM will develop and establish a strong marketing program that will expand the Museum’s outreach to the fly-fishing community, especially targeting those between the ages of 20 and 40. The CM will work in the Museum offices in Manchester, Vermont, and will have direct access to the Museum’s permanent collection to create online postings of these significant artifacts. The CM will work across all AMFF departments and with all 7 staff members as well as members of the AMFF Junior Committee, the Development Committee chair, and Marketing Committee chair.
- Manage all communications and marketing efforts online, in-print, and all other forms of media
- Manage all aspects of AMFF website and social media accounts including content, content postings, schedules, monthly analytics, revisions and updates, account status, and work requests to outside contractors
- Compile, schedule, and distribute all press releases, bi-monthly e-newsletter Casting About, program rack cards, print ads for events, and fundraising event outreach and promotion
- Record events, conduct interviews, and photograph artifacts for use by AMFF (website, social media, collections, etc.)
- Develop and manage relationships with people in the fly-fishing industry (e-content providers, bloggers, writers, photographers, guides, manufacturers, AMFF ambassadors, filmmakers, etc.)
- Travel to and represent AMFF at fly-fishing shows, Museum events, and industry events
- Work with the Orvis Fishing Department to continue cross-marketing efforts
- Prepare appropriate documents for Board meetings, Junior Committee meetings, and other meetings as requested by the Executive Director
- Attend Development Committee and Marketing Committee meetings
- Attend all Museum fundraising events, community events, and public programs
Job Description Qualifications:
- Passion for fly fishing
- Solid knowledge of website management systems, Photoshop, web and graphic design, and social media
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and communication skills
- Marketing, entrepreneurial, and business mindset
- Organized, detail oriented, and able to multi-task and complete work in a timely and professional manner
- Able to work as part of a team in a small office setting as well as work independently
- Capacity to develop professional relationships and networks
- Flexible to periodically work non-traditional hours, including weekends and evenings as needed
- Willingness to travel to Museum and industry events
- Undergraduate degree required; studies in communications or marketing are a plus
- Past experience in marketing and/or journalism and work in digital media a plus
- Health and dental insurance
- Paid leave
- Access to dedicated computer, camera, camcorder, and iPhone
Salary commensurate with experience
This newly created position is an integral part of the American Museum of Fly Fishing’s goal to expand outreach through the strategic use of digital technology. By directing this important initiative the Communications Manager will shape a significant storyline that combines the sports past history with its current living history. This individual will develop relationships with leading personalities and brands in the fly-fishing industry to expand and build a broad following and membership base for the Museum. The successful candidate has the opportunity to develop e-marketing, non-profit, and flyfishing industry skills and experiences. This role is a great opportunity for anyone who loves fly fishing and fly-fishing history.
Please EMAIL letter of interest, resume, and three references to
Cathi Comar, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are being accepted immediately.