“The Daily Hackle”
Journalists know when a story has “wings.” It’s become so fashionable to write news stories about chicken hackles glued to human hair that we figured we should give readers a daily round-up of all the news stories and coverage. (We predict this chicken will fly all the way to the roof of GE Building at 30 Rockefeller Center shortly.)
- NPR: “Fly fishermen are peeved.”
- Tier Joe Roope: “A hairdresser would kill for this.”
- “It’s sort of put us in the hair consulting business,” said Bozeman fly shop owner Dave Kumlien.
- “Fly fishing fans are no fans of Aerosmith singer Steven Tyler,” says AntiMusic.com.
- “Feather Hair Extensions Craze Leads to Nationwide Shortage, Rooster Genocide, and Women Banned From Fly Fishing Shops,” says Racked.com.
- With feather prices rising, Nova Scotia salmon-fly tier Mike MacKinnon has seen is profit drop to around 2 cents per hour of labor.
- “There’s probably 30 different salons coming in,” to buy feathers from Tim Mansell, general manager of Idaho Angler in Boise.