Tippets: America’s Rudest Rivers, Real Estate: South Africa Lodge, Youth Drawing Contest, Pebble Mine in the Legislature, Land & Water Conservation Fund
- Travel + Leisure might suggest that the rudest people are found in Los Angeles or New York, but the rudest trout can be found in the Henry’s Fork, according to Kirk Deeter.
- In case our readers did not find their dream property on the recent Forbes magazine list, perhaps an 850-acre luxury guest ranch in South Africa fits the bill.
- New Jersey’s Division of Fish and Wildlife, with Trout Unlimited, is hosting a native fish art and writing contest for New Jersey youth in grades 4 through 7.
- Opponents of Pebble Mine are taking their efforts to the Alaska legislature as well as the state courts.
- The Land & Water Conservation Fund, established in 1964, is an important part of conserving public land, resources, and fisheries but has been largely ignored, writes Mario Rivas.