Members of the America Cup Junior fly-fishing team will be using engraved #1 Abel Creek reels, courtesy of the tackle manufacturer, during their September international competition in Frisco, Colorado. Teams from Japan, Ireland, Australia, the USA, Hungary, and others are expected to compete.
Read the full press release in the extended entry.
CAMARILLO, Calif. – Members of the Junior America Cup fly-fishing team will use engraved #1 Abel Creek reels, courtesy of the precision tackle manufacturer, announced Don R. Swanson, president.
The international fly-fishing competition is scheduled for Sept. 8-12 at Frisco, Colo. Competitors will fish assigned “beats” along the several rivers near Frisco, announced American Cup executive director David Pehle.
Frisco, known as the Main Street of the Rockies, is located near Vail, Breckenridge and other Colorado ski areas.
Teams from Japan, Ireland, Australia, The USA, Hungary, and others are expected to compete.
The America Cup Junior fly-fishing team members include –
• Joe Johnson, 11, Longmont, Colo., 6th grade at Altona Middle School;
• Matt Powell, 12, Boulder, Colo, 7th grade at Centennial Middle School;
• Collin Papuga, 15, Grand Lake, Colo., 10th grade at Middle Park High School, Granby, Colo.
• Zach Bearden, 15, Gore, Okla., 10th grade at Gore High School, Gore Okla.
• Heather Seitz, 19, Pittsburgh, Penn., a sophomore at the University of Pittsburgh.
“Abel is proud to donate the five reels to our Junior Team. We wish them the best of luck and ‘tight lines’ in the competition,” said Swanson.
BENNETT J. MINTZ PR/ADV.
22370 Mission Circle
Chatsworth, California 91311
818.718.8566 718.1958 Fax