Inside the Box: Episode #20 – Patagonia River Salt Boots
MARSHALL’S COMMENTS: “I’ve been wet-wading in the River Salts since mid-summer and they are my new favorites when it comes to warm-weather fishing. I’ve also fished them with regular neoprene- bootie waders–just remember to order them a size larger if you’re wearing something bulkier than standard socks. The speed-lacing system is excellent: it’s surprisingly easy to tighten the laces all the way to the top, which you’ll need to do again after the boots get a good soaking. Also, no issues at all with traction, even without studs.
PATAGONIA RIVER SALT BOOTS
Built by Danner in the USA for durability in both fresh and salt water, these comfortable boots aren’t cheap but have excellent traction and very functional speed-lacing system.
– Waterproof full-grain leather treated with a PFC-free saline solution tanning process for improved resistance to breakdown, even in salt water
– Tough 1,000-denier nylon paneling provides excellent abrasion resistance
– Adjustable speed lacing system; a quick pull gives a precise and secure fit over the forefoot and through the ankle
– Perforated drains on both sides of boot upper clear water quickly
– Molded bi-fit board combines the shank, lasting board and midsole into a single piece that reduces weight without sacrificing comfort and support
– Stitch-down construction creates a wider platform for more stability, helps protect the boot sidewall and allows the boots to be resoled by Danner
– Vibram® Megagrip sole compound specially developed for grip on both wet and dry surfaces while maintaining a higher level of durability
1593 g (56.2 oz)