Patagonia Wild Fish Activism Contest
Share your wild fish activism story for a chance to win Patagonia Swiftcurrent Waders and other great gear!
Tomorrow’s fish depend upon what we do today. An angling activist is an informed fly fisher who uses their position within the fly fishing community to simply make things better for wild fish and clean water. As anglers, we protect what we love. That’s it. It’s that simple.
Patagonia Fly Fish’s Wild Fish Activism campaign seeks to incite, instigate and recruit activists determined to see our wild fish and clean water thrive.
Enter our June contest by answering one of the questions below in between 500 and 1000 words, and you could be one of three winners of some great Patagonia gear.
Choose One Question and Email Us Your Answer!
Please limit your responses to 500-1000 words (and if you have images to illustrate your response, please include hi-res versions). Email your response to Marshall Cutchin, MidCurrent publisher, by June 30, 2021: [email protected].
Question #1: What does wild fish activism mean to you? How do you intend to be an activist for wild fish and clean water in your community?
Question #2: How can you help and teach others in your community to be wild fish activists?
Question #3: Why is it important that “We Stand for the Waters We Stand In”? Why is it important that we stand up for wild fish?
Versatile, midweight waterproof/breathable waders have waist-mounted, EZ-Lock suspenders for quick conversion from chest to waist height. Features include interior waterproof pocket, reach-through handwarmer pocket, a drawcord cinch-top closure, a stretch-woven chest pocket and anatomical booties.
- Durable, 100% recycled polyester microfiber H2No® Performance Standard shell with a waterproof/breathable barrier and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Waist-mounted EZ-Lock suspenders allow for easy conversion from chest to waist height for venting or quick relief; Secure Stretch wading belt
- Interior organization: welded TPU-waterproof pocket flips out for easy access; center-back hanger loop for easy drying
- Exterior organization: upper reach-through kangaroo pocket and asymmetrical-zip chest pocket allows for quick access to tippet spools, nippers and floatant
- Articulated legs; scuff guards at ankles
- Anatomical booties have lower volume and a sock-like fit for all-day wading comfort
Our go-to Black Hole® Duffel. This workhorse organizes your gear and has enough space for a fun-hog weekend or a well-organized extended trip. Made with 100% recycled body fabric, lining and webbing.
- Made from lightweight yet extremely durable, 100% recycled polyester ripstop with a TPU-film laminate to create a fabric that’s weather-resistant, abrasion-resistant and highly packable; lined with 100% recycled polyester with a tough polyurethane coating
- The top zipper allows bag to open wide for quick access to the entire main compartment; when empty, the duffel stuffs into its own pocket for compact, self-contained storage
- Padded, removable shoulder straps let you carry the Black Hole® Duffel like a backpack and can be detached when not in use; the reinforced haul handles withstand over-zealous baggage handlers
- A zippered side pocket can be reached from the outside or inside of the bag; a mesh interior lid pocket keeps essentials organized and close at hand
- The padded base protects the contents of the Black Hole Duffel from rough terrain and hard knocks
A versatile sling pack that provides functional performance for anglers looking for a vest alternative; pack volume is 8 liters.
- Fabric: Cordura® 86% nylon/14% polyester ripstop with a polyurethane coating and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish; pack volume is 8 liters; Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- Molded, drop-down panel with fly keeper; main pocket holds two large fly boxes; interior storage pockets; drop-in security pocket; waterproof interior pocket
- Exterior YKK® zippers with covered welts are highly water-repellent
- Highly Adjustable Fit
- Adjustable waist strap allows for layering
- Nylon/spandex water-bottle pocket with security keeper
- Exterior tippet spool holder
Contest Rules and Details
Contest Dates: June 1-30, 2021.
Rules: All entries must be received by midnight on June 30, 2021 in order to be considered for selection. Open only to those age 18 and older who are residents of US or Canada. Winners will be determined by the MidCurrent and Patagonia editorial teams and announced on or about July 23, 2021. Prizes will be sent shipped directly from Patagonia. By entering this drawing, you agree to be contacted by Patagonia or their agency, and you agree to let Patagonia and MidCurrent contact you by email. Winners must respond to email notifications of prizes won within 72 hours, or may forfeit their prize.