CFFCM’s Summerfest and Angler’s Market
The Catskill Fly Fishing Center and Museum will hold its annual Summerfest and Angler’s Market on August 6 and 7, 2016. The even marks the center’s 35th anniversary and will be held at CFFCM in Livingston Manor, VT.
Read more in the press release below.
Catskill Fly Fishing Center and Museum (CFFCM) holds its 2016 Summerfest and Angler’s Market on August 6 and 7
The Catskill Fly Fishing Center and Museum (CFFCM) holds its 2016 Summerfest and Angler’s Market on August 6 and 7 at 1031 Old Route 17 in Livingston Manor. The public is invited to join with members and friends to celebrate the center’s 35th anniversary and enjoy all that Summerfest has to offer.
- Angler’s Market: filled with fantastic items about angling, lifestyle, arts, crafts and more.
- Casting Competitions: challenge ones casting skills in The Hardy Bamboo Cup, Hardy/Royal Wulff Graphite Classic, Tycoon Tackle Fiberglass Challenge and the new Dette Youth Contest.
- Casting demos on the restored pond.
- Kid’s arts and crafts.
- Pig roast for attendees.
- Presentations and lectures in the Wulff Gallery.
- Meet the new director Glenn Pontier.
- Sunday Jubilee Day: celebration of Agnes Van Put’s 100th with a champagne toast and the singing of “Happy Birthday,” the center’s 35th incorporation, and member milestones.
“We are thankful to our sponsors, staff and volunteers that work to make this weekend a successful event,” said CFFCM board President Kelly Buchta, “There is still some vendor space available, and we are always looking for more volunteers to assist with our CFFCM table, the casting competitions, and the kid’s crafts. It’s a great day and everyone has a lot of fun.”
CFFCM is dedicated to preserving the heritage of fly fishing, while enhancing the present experience and protecting its future. The center maintains a museum, gallery and workshops on its 53 acre property on the banks of Willowemoc Creek, the birthplace of American dry fly fishing.
Located between Livingston Manor and Roscoe, facilities also include a gift shop, library, picnic area, nature trails and pond. For more information about Summerfest, museum hours and other programs, call 845-439-4810 or visitwww.cffcm.com and/or www.facebook.com/cffcm.