System 4 Reels From Scientific Anglers
New from Scientific Anglers is the System 4 reel series. Crafted in Montrose, Colorado, these reels are designed with a large arbor and maintenance-free drag system, and can be used for salt as well as freshwater fishing. Coming in three different sizes for 3- to 8-weight lines, the System 4 reels are currently available.
Read the full press release in the extended entry.
Sponsored Link: Buy Fly Fishing Reels
SCIENTIFIC ANGLERS SYSTEM 4 FLY REEL
Scientific Anglers is pleased to announce the release of the NEW System 4 reel series. Adding to the long heritage of System reels, the System 4 is the first USA made reel for Scientific Anglers. It is CNC machined from 6061-T6 aluminum at our facility in Montrose, Colorado, and features a large arbor design for quick line pick up and updated cosmetics versus past System reels.
The System 4 comes in 3 different sizes – rated for 3-8 weight lines, features a Derlin 500AF maintenance-free drag system, and is also saltwater compatible.
Frame & Spool:
- 6061-T6 propietary aluminum alloy
- Derlin 500 AF with impregnated Teflon – space-age polymer that is durable, heat resistant, self-lubricating and maintenance free
- Derlin 500AF to anodized aluminum interface – push frame friction disc drag system with redundancy radial pawl engagement and seamless transition between line-in and drag engagement (no startup friction)
- Fully machined, 1 piece frame, 1 piece spool with a Derlin pressed hub – manufactured on automated CNC machining centers
Spool Rotation, Connection and Conversion:
- Derlin hub rotating on a stainless steel spindle (Sizes 1-3), oil impregnated bronze bushing rotating on a stainless steel spindle (Sizes 4-7), quick release locking spool, easy left-hand to right-hand retrieve conversion.