Tippets: Keeping Fish on the Table, Gray Drakes, Road Music, The Bonefish Bug, Raul Navarette Passes
- Watch chef Dan Barber’s TED talk on how to keep fish on the table, using an example of sustainable fish farming that actually produces good-tasting fish.
- David Stenström shows us some historical fly tying, recreating a Gray Drake pattern from Mary Orvis Marbury’s “Favourite Flies and Their Histories” (1892) and Ray Bergman’s book “Trout” (1938).
- When you’re on the road, what makes your music? Rhythm Rider asks the question, turns his stereo off for the day, and finds that we’re all “merely listeners, easily distracted.”
- Another “mountain-bound trout-rodder” gets bit by the bonefish bug.
- Raul Navarette, one of Belize’s most loved and respected flats guides, unexpectedly passed away on May 4th.