Tippets: Salmon Perfection, “Atlanta” Streamer, New Elk Creek Access, Gas Money, Itu’s Bones, Undamming the Elwah
- After his Alaskan co-workers encouraged him to take up a hobby that would take him through the winter doldrums, Brian Smith started painting. He considers why he, like numerous other artists, is so attracted to salmon.
- Emblazoned with the colors of the “Dirty Bird” Atlanta Falcons, tier Don Soar’s pattern on Streamers 365 is appropriate named “Atlanta.”
- Thanks to revenues from trout and salmon permits, the Pennsylvania Fish & Boat Commission has given a grant to the Western Pennsylvania Conservancy to be used to increase access to Elk Creek, a Lake Erie tributary.
- ODU Fishing News gives anglers fishing from boats some tips on how to save money on gas this Summer.
- “Itu’s Bones”, a fly fishing film about a former commercial fishermen turned guide on the Cook Islands, has been accepted for the Blue Ocean Film Festival.
- “Undamming the Elwha” will be shown on Washington’s KCTS 9 a few times in the upcoming weeks. The documentary about the removal of the Elwha Dam can also be seen here.