Tippets: Inaugural Musky Tourney, Cuttie Slam, Fishing Etiquette, Keystone Pipeline, Oregon’s Steelhead Guide
- Muskies have plenty of new fly fishing fans, so it should come as no surprise that the inaugural Musky Fly Fishing World Championship will take place this year; it happens March 24th in McMinnville, TN.
- After six years, Ohio man Tom Cross received a certificate from the Wyoming Game and Fish department for completing the “Cutt Slam” which entails catching a cutthroat in all of Wyoming’s native cuttie rivers: the Yellowstone, Snake, Colorado and Bonneville.
- This spin fisher gives advice on etiquette that can work both ways: “Tolerate other fishing tactics.”
- President Obama will announce his opposition to the controversial Keystone Pipeline. The pipeline will run through some of the most coveted fly fishing waters of North America.
- The Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife has put together the 2012 Winter Steelhead Guide. The guide includes everything from access points to tips and techniques.