Gifts for the Fly Fisher Who Has Everything
Who doesn’t like a gift wishlist? Especially if you have all the fly fishing gear already known to man and all the money in the world and no idea how to spend it? And since no one but an angler understands what makes a good gift for a fly fisher, we’re safer handing out pointers to what ranks. The following is a list of things we promise not to return or re-gift.
Since we’ll be working well into our eighties or possibly even nineties to pay for college tuitions, we thought we’d allow a moment of fantasy. Anything on your list that we haven’t included?
- Shark Cuff Links by Deakin & Francis ($7,925) from Bergdorf Goodman.
- Custom Teardrop Camping Trailer ($29,995) by Orvis. But we’ll settle for a Cricket ($13,700 and up).
- Keiun Damascus Shears ($899) for the “rough work” on deer hair bugs while tying with our buddies.
- Portable doesn’t have to be cheap, especially if it means capturing the gill slaps during slow-motion tarpon jumps: Canon XF305 Professional Camcorder ($7,499).
- Yes, it’s the Motor Trend 2012 SUV of the Year. We won’t hold that against the Range Rover Evoque ($43,995 and up).
- A NeoShed DIY cabin kit ($9,000 and up). We’ll take the one that sits on the dock, Santa.