New Dr. Slick Products for 2006
Where does “Dr. Slick” get most of his product design ideas? From the operating room. Dr. Slick is actually Dr. Kenneth A. High, a Montana surgeon. According to the announcement for next year’s new products, “New fly-fishing and fly-tying tools were designed, tested, deconstructed and re-manufactured to attain the new line of instruments, according to Dr. Kenneth A. High, president. The products have been ‘in the works’ for about 18 months.”
NEW FOR 2006 FROM DR. SLICK
• Titanium Clamps. 100% titanium clamps in two styles: 5-inch Spring Creek model with smooth, needle nose jaws; or 5-1/2 inch Scissors Clamp model with one-half smooth and one-half cross-hatched jaws. Blue finish. Available in gift sets.
Spring Creek model $45; Scissors Clamp model $55.
• Synthetics Scissors. 5-inch heavy-bladed scissors made specifically for synthetic fly-tying materials such as poly yarn, foam or other man made fibers and manufactured products.
• Curved Scissors Clamp. The original straight blade Scissors Clamp was introduced in 1999. This new 4-inch model has curved jaws, allowing for faster, more accurate removal of a fly. Available in gold or black.
• Clip-on Reel. With a 28-inch Nylon cord and polycarbonate body, an excellent choice for saltwater anglers.
• Stainless Steel Fly-Tying Tools. A complete range of the world’s most popular fly-tying tools made with superior 400 grade stainless steel. Matte finish. Available in a gift set.
Hackle pliers – $6.00.
Non-slip hackle pliers – $6.00
Small rotary hackle pliers – $8.00
Large rotary hackle pliers – $9.00
Dubbing hook (5-inch) – $7.00
Dubbing hook (7-inch) – $7.00
Small hair stacker with padded base (1-3/4 inch) – $14.00
Medium hair stacker with padded base (2-inch) – $15.00
Large hair stacker with padded base (3-3/4 inch) – $17.00
Bodkin – $6.00
Bobbin threader – $6.00
Half-hitch tools – $7.00
Rotary whip finisher – $8.00