The 2015 SHIFT Festival will be held in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, from October 7-10, 2015. Registration for the festival, which explores the intersection of conservation and outdoor recreation, is now open.
Read more in the press release below.
Journalists Invited to Attend 2015 SHIFT Festival
Limited number of media passes available for the 2015 SHIFT Festival and Outdoor Blogger Summit, Oct. 7-10 in Jackson Hole, Wyoming
JACKSON, WY (August 25, 2015)–Attendee registration is open for the 2015 SHIFT Festival, Oct. 7-10 in Jackson Hole, WY. For qualified journalists, a limited number of All-Festival Passes are available for this year’s event, which includes the Outdoor Blogger Summit (OBS), a conference on best practices for outdoor digital journalism.
SHIFT uses food, film, speakers, workshops and outdoor adventure to explore the intersection of conservation and outdoor recreation. OBS, which shares the secrets of the blogging trade—including how to drive more traffic, work with brands, sell more sponsorships and grow social media—will occur in conjunction with SHIFT, sharing programming and facilities and introducing bloggers to content generators in the outdoor space as well as to leading issues of the day.
SHIFT will present 12 complimentary All-Festival Pass press credentials to qualified journalists for a special opportunity to inform the Summit dialogue with their unique perspectives and to network with the content generators at the forefront of the conversation.
The 2015 event features four days of keynote presenters, small-group discussions and innovative awards that build on the intersection of six groups: Outdoor Recreation Enthusiasts, Conservation Advocates, Public Land Managers, The Outdoor Industry, and Outdoor Media.
The Leadership of GEMS (Gateways to Environments of Major Significance)
- The SHIFT Summit, a two-and-a-half day, in-depth exploration of three topics at the center of the outdoor recreation/conservation partnership: Responsible Recreation, Outdoor Access, and Conservation Leadership.
- A keynote presentation featuring National Geographic’s Chief Content Officer Chris Johns, who will share insights on Yellowstone National Park, the first national park in the world and the sole subject of the May 2016 issue of National Geographic Magazine.
- The People’s Banquet, SHIFT’s popular celebration of sustainable food systems and Jackson Hole’s “foodie event of the year”, featuring New York Times food columnist Mark Bittman. Mr. Bittman will speak on food and how it has the power to make or break not only our personal health, but that of the planet.
- The Cool Skiing, Hot Planet film program, in conjunction with Protect Our Winters, Teton Gravity Research, The North Face and Powder Magazine, and featuring The North Face/Protect Our Winters Riders’ Alliance athletes Angel Collinson and Lucas Debari showcasing some of the wildest new ski and snowboard films on the planet.
- The SHIFT Awards and the $10,000 SHIFT Forward Award, recognizing the most innovative, impactful, replicable conservation / outdoor recreation work in North America.
Journalists interested in acquiring press credentials, please email pr (at) shiftjh (dot) org or call 307.231.2716.
Please visit here for a list of SHIFT lodging partners in Jackson Hole.
SHIFT is proud to be a Supporting Member of OWAA, the vision and principles of which we share. Follow SHIFTjh on Facebook.
The SHIFT Festival