The Catskill Fly Fishing Center and Museum will host their annual Arts of the Angler Show November 15-16 at the Danbury Ethan Allen Inn in Danbury, CT. The event includes demonstrations, seminars, consignment and auction items.
Read more in the press release below.
Arts of the Angler Show
The 2013 Arts of the Angler Show is a full feature fly fishing show in an elegant atmosphere. You will find the finest contemporary and collectible fly fishing: tackle and accessories, fly tying materials, books, destinations, instruction, guiding and services for the fly fishing community…even a Hardy Reel Tune Up Center. A Live Auction Saturday evening will bring some fine fishing tackle, books, artwork and other fine items to the auction block. On Sunday a Discovery Auction will be held on the Show Floor at 10:30 AM. For more details visit www.catskillflyfishing.org or the Facebook Fanpage Catskill Fly Fishing Center and Museum.
On the Show Floor:
- Meet Your Maker. Is bamboo for you? What makes a bamboo fly rod special? Collectible, classic, functional, how to select your first cane rod; you can ask the experts. The most respected and recognized rodmakers including: Marc Aroner; Per Brandin; Jim Downes; Fred Kretchman, Kathy Scott; Rob Smith, David Van Burgel and others will be here to answer those questions.
- Fly Tying Exposed. Sit directly across from, and get up close and personal with, over 35 great fly tyers. Watch them throughout the show provide nonstop tying demonstrations of the latest as well as proven patterns. You will find your favorite professionals and fresh faces including: Brandt, Brenner, Cherundolo, Collins, Corwin, Fishy, Hrinko, Waldron, Klemm, Marino, Mead, Newcomb, Patlen, Plourde, Romanowski, Rossman, Schechter and Simpson.
You can find it here. Whether you need it or not, you will find it on one of 80+ tables: Scott Cesari Flies, The Compleat Angler, L.J. Downes Rod Co., Badger Creek Flies, Belvoirdale, Pentalux Bamboo Rods, The Classic Fly Fisherman, Jordan Mills Rod Co., Grauers’ Fine Fly Tackle, Dette Trout Flies, River Bay Outfitters, Housatonic Valley Rod Company, The Perfection Reel Co, Sporting Collectibles, Mill River Fly Rods and more.
Fly Fishing Friends that Help Others…Casting For Recovery, LI Fly Rodders, FFF/WTF and more…learn more on how you can get involved.
Auction Consignments Accepted. Fishing or outdoors sports related items; call for consignment or absentee bid information on the live auction on Saturdaynight and Discovery Auction on Sunday morning; 845-439-4810.
What is It? Roadshow. Fishing tackle identified and appraised by expert Bob Selb, from The Classic Fly Fisherman. Have you always wondered what that old fishing equipment book, accessory, fishing print or painting was worth? Bring it to the show entrance and Bob will come out and look at it. If Bob does not know, he knows someone on the show floor who does.
Fly Fishers Book Exchange will return: The Fly Fishing Book Exchange is open to all attendees. Attendees are encouraged to bring their used books they would like to sell at the show. The CFFCM will have a ‘Book Exchange’ area set up to display used books for sale; the CFFCM will get a 10% commission for sold books (an additional 5% for credit card purchases). The process is simple: ‘book sellers’ are required to put their selling price and initials on the top right hand corner of the inside right hand front page in pencil. Books can be dropped off at the CFFCM table upon entrance to the show and picked up on their way out with on-the-spot payment for any sold. Attendees get to enjoy the show while their books may be earning them some money.
Seminars and Programs: Saturday Nov 15th
- 10AM – Peggy Brenner shares her Tips and Techniques to Tying Successful Traditional Streamers
- 11AM – David Van Burgel welcomes everyone to a presentation on Building A Bamboo Fly Rod. Learn more and discover the steps it takes to build a cane rod and the process involved
- 12PM – Thomas Farmer ends your tying frustration in his program on Spinning Deer Hair
- 1PM – 2:30PM Spain’s Luis Meana Baeza explains the unique properties of the Coq de Leon and tying flies
- 3PM – Furl Your Leader with the Furler “Gurl”, Kathy Scott
- 11AM – The Fish and Fishing of NYS Salmon River. DEC special assistant in charge of the Salmon River Corridor will give you the up to minute activities and conditions of the Salmon River. The Steelhead are in the water just waiting for you to present the right fly
- 12PM – Tony Ritter tells you about the Upper Delaware Fishing
- 2PM – Dave Brandt brings you to Labrador and Waters of the Big Brookies
- 3PM – Learn to Flyfish presented by Trout Unlimited Women’s Initiative Members. This wonderful program introduces the novice to the world of fly fishing, what you need to know from flies to wading. If you wondered just what you would get into, this is a must for anyone interested. Bring the kids and partners, or come alone
Seminars and Programs: Sunday Nov 16th
- 10AM – The Fish and Fishing of NYS Salmon River. DEC special assistant in charge of the Salmon River Corridor will give you the up to minute activities and conditions of the Salmon River. The Steelhead are in the water just waiting for you to present the right fly
- 11AM – Spain’s Luis Meana Baeza explains the unique properties of the Coq de Leon and tying flies
- 1PM – Thomas Farmer ends your tying frustration in his program on Spinning Deer Hair
- 10AM – A Writer’s Round Table, moderated by Kathy Scott. This wonderful discussion will include several authors, columnists and reporters who sharetheir secrets on how to start, build, compose and complete a writing project. Often new writers make it more difficult than necessary. Bring your questions, they will do their best to answer them
- 11AM – Learn to Flyfish presented by Trout Unlimited Women’s Initiative Members. This wonderful program introduces the novice to the world of fly fishing, what you need to know from flies to wading. If you wondered just what you would get into, this is a must for anyone interested. Bring the kids and partners, or come alone
Hotel Reservations: Ethan Allen Inn, 1-800-742-1776 or1-203-744-1776; ask for special rates.
Saturday, November 15, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
5:30 PM Special Dinner
7:15 PM Live Consignment Auction
Sunday, November 16, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Programs 11 – 1:00 PM
Daily Admission $12 / $20 for the weekend.
Kids 12 and under Free.
The Arts of the Angler Show is produced and owned by The Catskill Fly Fishing Center and Museum, a 501 c (3) nonprofit organization. For more information on participating or attending this show call 845-439-4810 or email: email@example.com. You can visit the website atwww.facebook.com/cffcm, www.catskillflyfishing.org