The American Fly Fishing Trade Association (AFFTA) is now accepting submissions for open Board of Director positions. Nominations will be accepted through Wednesday July 18, 2014.
Read more in the press release below.
AFFTA Board of Directors Nominations Now Open
Let Your Voice Be Heard! Board Positions Open to All AFFTA Members
The American Fly Fishing Trade Association (AFFTA) is pleased to announce that it is now accepting submissions for open Board of Director positions. AFFTA seeks to maintain a strong, balanced, strategic-thinking Board that accurately represents the varied businesses in the fly fishing industry. As a member-driven organization, AFFTA solicits candidates each year to fill open seats on the Board of Directors to represent the interests of the fly fishing industry and all AFFTA members. Submissions will be accepted through Wednesday July 18, 2014.
Do you want to be a leader in the fly fishing industry and help make decisions that will shape the future of fly fishing for years to come? Are you passionate about the fly fishing industry, conservation and the recruitment of new fly fishing participants? If you answered yes to any of these questions, we encourage you to submit your bio today and help lead our industry into the future!
Board Member Requirements
The requirements to serve as an AFFTA Board Member are as follows:
- Be an AFFTA member in good standing
- Participation in at least two sub-committees
- Attend three board meetings per year
- Travel, lodging, phone and most food expenses associated with AFFTA events/meetings; expenses are not covered by AFFTA and are the responsibility of the Member
- Support AFFTA’s mission of promoting the sustained growth of the fly fishing industry
- Help develop and guide the association’s actions with respect to organizational priorities and strategic planningby staying informed about AFFTA matters, preparing in advance for meetings, reviewing and commenting on documents and reporting on issue of concern to the association in a professional and timely manner
- Three year board term
Bio Submission: to be considered for a Board position, your bio must be emailed to the AFFTA Corporate Office no later than July 18, 2014. The email address is: email@example.com.
Your One-Page Bio Should Include the Following Information:
- Complete contact information
- Personal background information to support your bid for an AFFTA board position
- A summary of why you are interested in serving the fly fishing trade All Board Member nominees’ bios and a voting ballot will be emailed to the AFFTA membership by August 1, 2014. Voting must be completed on or before August 15, 2014. Votes will be tallied on August 18, 2014. The top vote recipients will be contacted that day to inform them that they have become the newest AFFTA Board Members. A broadcast email will be sent to all AFFTA members on August 19, 2014 to announce the newly elected directors. New Board Members will take office at the Board of Directors meeting held at the October 20, 2014 Board Meeting Location and Date TBD.
AFFTA Election Timetable
- June 12, 2014 – Nominations Process Begins
- July 18, 2014 Bios due
- August 1, 2014 – Bios and Ballots Emailed to Membership
- August 15, 2014 – Return Ballot Deadline
- August 18, 2014 – Votes Tallied and New AFFTA Board Members Notified
- August 19, 2014 – New Board Member Announcement Membership and Public
- October 20, 2014 Fall Board Meeting Location TBD
The AFFTA Board of Directors consists of fifteen elected members and one ex-officio Member. The desired make-up of the Board consists of no fewer than two Members representing each category of the industry; manufacturers, retailers, sales representatives, media, and travel/guides. To maintain this diversity, elections will first focus on the appointment of Members to support the two member category representation. If candidate resources do not support this effort, Board positions will then be filled with Members who receive the highest number of votes.
Based on the current board term expirations, there are currently four Board of Director seats to be filled with this election. To maintain the diversity of the board as outlined in the AFFTA bylaws, the association is searching out at least 1 Media/ PR/Mrktg/Associations/Government/Educational, 2 Sales Representative, and 1 at large open seat. If you have any questions about running for the AFFTA Board of Directors please feel free to contact any of the Nominating Committee Members listed below or the AFFTA office at 406-522-1556.
Michael White- firstname.lastname@example.org Chairperson
Jen Lavigne- Jen@waterworks-lamson.com
Riley Cotter- email@example.com
Ben Bulis- firstname.lastname@example.org