The world’s leading fly tiers and innovative designers will gather for the 22nd International Fly Tying Symposium at the Garden State Exhibit Center. To include classes, demonstrations, vendors, and a bamboo rod showcase, the event will be held over the weekend of November 17-18 in in Somerset, NJ.
Read the press release in the extended entry.
News for Immediate Use or Reference
Some of World’s Greatest Fly Tiers Slated for Symposium, Nov. 17-18
SOMERSET, NJ – Fly tiers from Italy, Spain, Russia, Scotland, the U.S. and virtually every other country where fish live, will demonstrate their artistic skills at the 22nd annual Fly Tying Symposium, Nov. 17-18 at the Garden State Exhibit Center.
Admission is $15 on Sat., $12 on Sun. and $20 for both days. Symposium hours are 9-5 on Sat.; 9-4:30 on Sun. Parking is free at the adjacent Hotel Somerset-Bridgewater.
“There will be more than 100 of the world’s best and most creative fly tiers plus exhibitors demonstrating and selling every material, hook, book, vise and video known to mankind. Shops will be on hand with everything and anything related to fly-tying,” said show producer Chuck Furimsky.
Hackle growers scheduled to be at the Symposium include Metz, Collins and Keough.
Additionally – in keeping with the theme of individual hand-crafted fly-fishing products – for the first time there will be a full exhibit of bamboo rods. Indoor casting ponds will allow visitors to try out their dream tools.
Hands-on classes by some of the sport’s premier fly tiers will highlight the annual Symposium. All tying classes require a minimum of intermediate fly-tying skill levels for registration:
- Eric Stroup (Pennsylvania) – “Favorite Pennsylvania Patterns”
- Charlie Craven (Colorado) – “Techniques for Better Flies”
- Enrico Puglisi (Italy) – “Saltwater Patterns”
- Marc Petitjean (Switzerland) – “CDC Magic”
- Bob Clouser (Pennsylvania) – “Clouser Minnow and More”
- Charlie Craven – “Techniques for Better Flies”
- Fly-tying class enrollment is $75 per session.
- Besides the tying classes, on Sat., Gary Borger will teach casting presentation improvement. Casting class registration is $80.
- All classes will be held at Hotel Somerset-Bridgewater.
For Symposium information, call (814) 443-3638; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; or view updates at www.internationalflytyingsymposium.com
Bennett J. Mintz PR/Adv.
22370 Mission Circle
Chatsworth, California 91311
818.718.8566 818.648.6168 Mobile
October 29, 2012
The Fly Fishing Show
The Fly Tying Symposium
531 North Center Ave.
Somerset, PA 15501
Toll Free: (866) 481-2393
Phones: (814) 443-3638
Cell: (309) 750 2750
Fax: (814) 443-3943