Tippets: IFGA Updates Rules, Simply Tenkara, Rogue Poachers’ Fin-Clip Tactic, BLM Grant for Youth Camp, Mushing for Bristol
- The International Fish and Game Association (IFGA), the entity responsible for certifying records of fish caught, has released new rules encouraging catch and release. While most are pertinent to fly-fishing, especially so is one that caps a fly leader at 15-feet.
- Most new fly-fishing fads require an angler to fork out some serious coin. Andy Snyder is excited that Tenkara simplifies, rather than complicates, fly-fishing.
- A youth fly-fishing guide camp in Bristol Bay has received a $70,000 grant from the Bureau of Land Management.
- Poachers on the Rogue are clipping the adipose fin, the sign of a hatchery steelhead, of wild steelhead in order skirt the rules to catch what they keep.
- Alaskan mushers Tim Osmar and Monica Zappa, who are participating in a mushing event in Wisconsin, are promoting the film “Red Gold” along each stop in an effort to raise awareness of the Pebble Mine in Bristol Bay.
This entry was posted in Tippets
. Bookmark the permalink
cheap gucci handbags
cheap gucci belts
cheap gucci shoes
cheap gucci sunglasses
cheap gucci hats