Tippets: “12 Days” Gear Giveaway, All Star Wading Boots, Sea Monsters, Winter Speying, Destination France
- Fiberglass Manifesto is giving away almost fifty pieces of gear ranging from fiberglass fly rods, gear bags, clothing, and gift certificates in its “12 Days of Christmas” event.
- Louis Cahill of Gink and Gasoline seconds Kirk Deeter’s opinion on low-tech, affordable flats boots.
- The Bozeman Daily Chronicle unearths this piece by Rev. C.F. Aked, originally published in 1911, about an encounter with a sea monster: “I thought of a bear, of a shark, and stories of sea monsters flashed through my head.”
- One advantage of the spey rod is not having to worry about iced over guides, writes Rob Brown of the Terrace Standard.
- Laurent Guillermin hoists some hefty browns caught in the Albarine River, a river in southeast France. From Fish & Fly.
This entry was posted in Tippets
. Bookmark the permalink